Whenever I bring up adding a blog to a client’s website, the first thing they ask is “What would I write about?”
This is a terrific question and I absolutely love helping businesses strategize blog content to bring in new customer leads, increase search ranking and create opportunities for new fans! Here are a few of the topic provoking questions that I start with when working with new clients.
- What are the most frequently asked questions by your customers? Elaborate on them and make them into individual blog posts.
- What do you wish people would ask you about your business? Write about any and all topics that you wish people knew before contacting you.
- Are there myths about your business or service that you can bust in a blog post?
- Do you have featured customers that you can write about to inspire others on your blog?
- Testimonials. We all have them! Pick a customer and write about their awesome experience adding some success tips for new customers.
- How to’s are perfect for blog posts. Everyone is always looking how to do something easier, quicker and cheaper! Capitalize on things people are already searching for and provide them with quality content.
- Search for your businesses keywords online and you will undoubtedly find questions people posted about your industry on various forums. Use the information you find to build a blog post! (Don’t copy what other people wrote, but add your own take on the question!)
These 7 tips are a great way to get started with business blogging!